“i think you think too much of me” is a great name for EDEN’s new EP, because I’ve definitely been thinking too much about their tracks: “and” and “Fumes”. EDEN is the name for Irish artist’s Jonathan Ng’s musical project. He is and has been one of my faves for a bit and I had high expectations for this EP especially since hearing the track “sex” earlier this summer, and let me tell you, he did not disappoint. This is such a lovely arrangement of tracks including four new songs and remastered versions of old fan favorites. You should definitely give them a listen.
Once again, Britney Spears is back. Since the climax “Blackout”, her 2007 album which was aptly named to describe the personal issues that the artist was going through, Britney has been trying to recover her supremacy on the charts, albeit not exactly successfully. With her ninth opus “Glory” that is released today, the 34-year-old “working” bitch and mother wants to ride the wave of her semi-achieved performance at the Billboard Music Awards and her lucrative Las Vegas residency.
Brixton-based producer Joe Hertz has a sound that reminds you of cool evening breezes, a glass of cold lemonade, or air conditioning on a hot summer day. His chill layered beats are a perfect example of the seemingly endless pool of talent coming out of the UK right now, with the fellow likes of Zak Abel, Jordan Rakei, and of course Tom Misch also in the same camp.
Brooklyn-based duo Tiger + Man, comprised of Austin raised singer/songwriter Tiger Darrow and South African composer Andrew Orkin, recently shared a surprising video for the sign-off track of their debut EP. “Paper Cranes” was directed by Mike Donaghey of Scratch Empire and premiered in Central Trak, just after the Orlando’s tragedy.
Every Wednesday on HighClouds, from now until death do us part, we publish the picky playlists of our Brussels’ friend and collaborator Deer Du Bois. He has been demonstrating a real talent in highlighting emerging and talented acts and imposes himself as a real talent-spotter. Every week, his playlist is a sharp and buzzing selection of new discoveries in indie and pop music. And lucky you: we are now your fresh and fun place to weekly seat and savor his delightful “indie.tronic.dream.pop.chill.wave” cocktail. So, do you mind a cup?
Search In The Clouds
HC30 x Pacemaker
HighClouds on Facebook
- On #Glory, @BritneySpears offers us as an ephemeral summer soundtrack for the older part of the Snapchat generation https://t.co/AieXKNkNp93 hours ago
- NEW addition on our daily-refreshed Spotify's playlist: @W_I_l_l_S - "Solid Gold"https://t.co/1cfMJbDwv23 hours ago
- NEW addition on our daily-refreshed Spotify's playlist: @JaduHeart - "Late Night"https://t.co/1cfMJbDwv29 hours ago
- Despite its cover art, we decided to face our fears and to review @BritneySpears ninth LP #Glory! #albumreview https://t.co/AieXKNkNp913 hours ago
- .@iamgillchang remixed @TheChainsmokers + @halsey and the drop is simply an effervescent affair. https://t.co/XoSgB1EM6E13 hours ago