Berlin-based singer-songwriter Emma Elisabeth is back with “Soul Traveller”, the first single taken from her upcoming debut album.
Swedish artist Emma Elisabeth is now relocated to East Berlin where she has been crafting her debut album for months in her bedroom-studio. In the intimacy of her human-size laboratory, the artist has tested combinations of synthesizers, organs and guitar to write and compose timeless jangle pop songs. In her task, she was assisted by some famous musicians and technicians, including her long-time collaborator Victor Van Vugt (Nick Cave, PJ Harvey) who mixed her LP.
The first offering of this project is the genuine indie pop song “Soul Traveller” which depicts a strong connection between two human beings. A special link that people around might never understand. The track is definitely a grower and it’s sad we can’t start a romantic campfire in our office cause this is definitely the kind of recomforting ambience the song reminds us of.
Emma Elisabeth will also play a series of shows for SXSW 2018:
– Barracuda Backyard on Monday, March 12 from 8:30 PM to 9:10 PM
– Esther’s Follies on Friday, March 16, Time TBA
– Barracuda, German Haus Event, March 10 from 22.10 PM to 22.50 PM
– Second Play Stage – SFA / Thursday 15th / 4:00pm (stripped back set)
– Second Play Stage – Hilton Cannon + Bell / Friday 16th / 6:00pm (stripped back set)