Darkwave vocalist, multi-instrumentist and producer Llandon Broadhead, also known as LLORA (“cry” in Spanish), is the latest artist to join Austin’s boutique label Holodeck, which already brought Lou Rebecca and Marie Davidson to our ears. With the cold yet percussive “Bad Behavior,” the androgynous up-and-coming artist spills her exasperation away on the dancefloor. “This song is at the cross-section of sexual frustration and everyday malaise,” they explain. “A sort of panicked self-awareness in a dying world. But sometimes you can dance to forget all that for a moment.” Try it yourself.
Listen to our Spotify
- Carla Dal Forno announces sophomore album, shares “Took A Long Time” video
- All good things must come to an end on Library Baby’s new track “I Guess”
- SASSY 009 announces new mixtape Heart Ego, shares “Mystery Boy” video
- Nicolas Michaux muses on over-urbanization in “Amusement Park”
- Charlotte Adigéry & Bolis Pupul don’t need your crap advice on “Thank You”
- Men I Trust's singer launches solo career as Bernache, shares "Your Name"
- Au/Ra struggles with anxiety in new single “Panic Room”
- Art pop sensation Siv Disa announces debut album, shares “Whistle”
- Men I Trust share swirling track “Numb” ahead of their new album Oncle Jazz